21. September 2022 Adam J. Heathcote, Zofia E. Taranu, Nicolas Tromas, Meaghan MacIntyre-Newell, Peter R. Leavitt and Frances R. Pick. "Sediment DNA and pigments show increasing abundance and toxicity of cyanoHABs during the Anthropocene". Freshwater Biology (accepted)
20. March 2022 Ramalho TP, Chopin G, Pérez-Carrascal OM, Tromas N, Verseux C. Selection of Anabaenasp. PCC 7938 as a Cyanobacterium Model for Biological ISRU on Mars. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2022 Aug 9;88(15):e0059422. doi: 10.1128/aem.00594-22. Epub 2022 Jul 12.
19. March 2022 Abbes S, Vo Duy S, Munoz G, Dinh QT, Simon DF, Husk B, Baulch HM, Vinçon-Leite B, Fortin N, Greer CW, Larsen ML, Venkiteswaran JJ, Martínez Jerónimo FF, Giani A, Lowe CD, Tromas N, Sauvé S. Occurrence of BMAA Isomers in Bloom-Impacted Lakes and Reservoirs of Brazil, Canada, France, Mexico, and the United Kingdom. Toxins (Basel). 2022 Mar 31;14(4):251. doi: 10.3390/toxins14040251
18. June 2021 S. Celikkol, N. Fortin, N. Tromas, H. Andriananjamanantsoa, CW. Greer. “Bioavailable nutrients (N & P) and precipitation patterns drive cyanobacterial blooms in Missisquoi Bay, Lake Champlain.” Microorganisms. 2021 Oct 4;9(10):2097
17. February 2021 Olga Maria Pérez-Carrascal, Nicolas Tromas (*co-1st author, co-corresponding author), Yves Terrat, Elisa Moreno, Alessandra Giani, Laisa C Braga Marques, Nathalie Fortin, B. Jesse Shapiro. “Single-colony sequencing reveals microbe-by-microbiome phylosymbiosis between the cyanobacterium Microcystis and its associated bacteria.” Microbiome 9, 194.
16. March 2020 Terrat, Y., Farnaes, L., Bradley, J., Tromas, N., and Shapiro, B.J. Two cases of type-a Haemophilus influenzae meningitis within the same week in the same hospital are phylogenetically unrelated but recently exchanged capsule genes. Microb Genom. 2020 Apr;6(4):e000348.
15. February 2020 Tromas, N. (*co-corresponding author), Castelli, M., Taranu, Z.E., Pimentel, J.S.M., Pereira, D.A., Marcoz, R., et al. The evolution of biotic and abiotic realized niches within freshwater Synechococcus. Environ Microbiol, 22: 1238-1250.
14. July 2019 Pérez-Carrascal, O.M., Terrat, Y., Giani, A., Fortin, N., Greer, C.W., Tromas, N. (*co-corresponding author), and Shapiro, B.J. Coherence of Microcystis species revealed through population genomics. ISMEJ 1-14
13. February 2018 Tromas N(*co-corresponding author), Taranu Z.E, Willis A, Fortin N, Greer CW, Shapiro BJ, “Ecological niche dimension and genetic variability in sympatric cyanobacterial populations” Frontiers in Microbiology 9: 438
12. September 2017 Hesse E (co-1st author), O'Brien S (co-1st author), Tromas N, Bayer F, Lujan A, van Veen E, Hodgson D, Buckling A. “High siderophore-producing taxa dominate following heavy metal contamination” Ecology Letters21: 117–127
11. January 2017 Tromas N (*co-corresponding author), Fortin N, Bedrani L, Terrat Y, Cardoso P, Bird D, Greer CW and Shapiro BJ, “Characterizing and predicting cyanobacterial blooms in an 8-year amplicon sequencing time-course”. ISMEJ11: 1746–1763
10. December 2016 Girard C, Tromas N, Amyot M and Shapiro BJ “Gut microbiome of the Canadian Arctic Inuit”. mSphere2(1):e00297–16
9. September 2016 Lemieux-Labonté V, Tromas N, Shapiro BJ, and Lapointe F-J “Environment and host species shape the skin microbiome of captive neotropical bats”. PeerJ 4: e2430
8. April 2016 Willemsen, A., Zwart, M.P., Tromas, N., Majer, E., Daròs, J.A., Elena, S.F. “Multiple barriers to the evolution of alternative gene orders in a positive-strand RNA virus”. Genetics 202: 1503-1521.
7. February 2014 Tromas N, Zwart MP , Forment J , Elena SF, "Shrinkage of Genome Size in a Plant RNA Virus upon Transfer of an Essential Viral Gene into the Host Genome." Genome biology and evolution, 6(3), 538-550
6. February 2014 Tromas N , Zwart MP , Lafforgue G , Elena SF, "Within-host spatiotemporal dynamics of plant virus infection at the cellular level." PLoS genetics, 10(2), e1004186
5. December 2013 Tromas N(*corresponding author), Zwart MP, Poulain M , Elena SF, "Estimation of the in vivo recombination rate for a plant RNA virus." Journal of general virology, 95(Pt 3), 724-732
4. May 2013 Zwart MP, Tromas N, Elena SF, "Model-selection-based approach for calculating cellular multiplicity of infection during virus colonization of multicellular hosts." PloS One, 8(5), e64657
3. October 2012 Lafforgue G*, Tromas N*(co-1st author), Elena SF, Zwart MP, "Dynamics of the establishment of systemic Potyvirus infection: independent yet cumulative action of primary infection sites."
2. March 2011 Elena SF, Bedhomme S, Carrasco P , Cuevas JM , de la Iglesia F , Lafforgue G , Lalić J , Pròsper A , Tromas N , Zwart MP, "The evolutionary genetics of emerging plant RNA viruses." Molecular plant-microbe interactions : MPMI, 24(3), 287-93
1. January 2010 Tromas N, Elena SF, "The rate and spectrum of spontaneous mutations in a plant RNA virus.” Genetics, 185(3), 983-9 Journal of Virology, 86(23), 12912-22